Romford runs a beginner’s course on Tuesday evenings at our training apiary at Thames Chase. This year’s course runs from 16 April most Tuesday evenings until 25 June.
On the course, you will cover theory and have practical experience of handling bees. You will also learn about:
• the life cycle of the honeybee
• how to set up an apiary
• how to manage a colony to produce honey
• effective swarm control & making increase
• bee diseases recognition & management
• how to assemble hive and frames
• the start-up ways & costs.
See the leaflet below for more details. Please read the terms and conditions.